Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Grapefruit with Pomegranate Molasses, Almonds and Mint

recreated from a dish I had at Cesar in Piedmont the other morning

(makes 4)

3 large grapefruits
roughly 4 Tablespoons Pomegranate Molasses (purchase at Middle Eastern Grocery)
toasted slivered almonds
1/4 cup mint leaves , sliced roughly

Peel both the rinds and the bitter skins from the grapefruit, using just the pulpy meat. This takes much of the bitterness out of the grapefruit. Place in serving bowls. Top with almond slivers and mint leaves, then drizzle molasses on top.

Simple and yummy! (I totally need to get my camera back for pictures)

On Pomegranate Molasses - this is one of my secret weapons. It is slightly sweet with a nice tart finish that adds a unique flavor to foods and cocktails! With the overabundance of cheap pomegranate flavors out there, this is the only one I use.

No comments: